A 90-minute TeleConference/Live Audio Webcast
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 13
1:00-2:30 pm ET / 12:00-1:30 pm CT / 11:00 am-12:30 pm MT / 10:00 am-11:30 am PT
With a decreasing number of days left to bring 403(b) arrangements into compliance with final regulations, this panel will focus on providing practical tips for satisfying the plan documentation requirements and other 403(b) compliance issues. The following topics will be discussed:
- Status of IRS/Treasury guidance on 403(b) plans, including a discussion of the IRS/Treasury position on prototypes, determination letter programs, EPCRS and debunking the latest 403(b) myths
- Who is the employer for 403(b) purposes and how many plans does the employer have?
- ERISA coverage or not?
- Nailing down 403(b) vendor responsibilities
- Internal Revenue Code coverage and nondiscrimination tests
- Getting the plan documents drafted -- required provisions, optional provisions, model provisions
- The challenge of multiple plan documents
- Plan termination
Moderator: Eleanor Banister, King & Spalding LLP, Atlanta, GA
Panelists: Robert J. Architect, Senior Tax Law Specialist, Employee Plans Division, Tax Exempt and Government Entities, IRS, Washington, DC; Robert L. Abramowitz, Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP, Philadelphia, PA; David L. Raish, Ropes & Gray LLP, Boston, MA
Please make checks payable to ABA-JCEB and mail to Registrar, 740 15th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20005.