A 90-minute TeleConference
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2010
1:00-2:30 pm ET / 12:00-1:30 pm CT / 11:00 am-12:30 pm MT / 10:00 am-11:30 am PT
Moderator: Lisa A. Tavares, Venable LLP, Washington, DC
Panelists: Joyce Kahn, Acting Manager, EP Technical Guidance & Quality Assurance, Internal Revenue Service, Washington, DC; Ingrid Grinde, Tax Law Specialist, EP Technical Guidance & Quality Assurance, Internal Revenue Service, Washington, DC; Michael Spaid, Actuary, Employee Plans, Tax Exempt and Government Entities Division, Internal Revenue Service, Washington, DC; Carol Myers, Williams Parker Harrison Dietz & Getzen, Sarasota, FL and Henry Talavera, Hunton & Williams LLP, Dallas, TX
The following qualified plan amendments topics will be discussed:
- What amendments are due by year end?
- What special rules apply to the Cycle E deadline?
- What must be included in the 436 amendment?
- Are there any 204(h) issues?
- Are any WRERA amendments due this year?
- What provisions must the plan contain to satisfy 401(a)(35)?
- What provisions are required for HEART & the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act?
- Will any additional guidance be issued this year?
IF PAYING BY CHECK: Make checks payable to ABA-JCEB and mail to 740 15th Street, N.W., Washington, DC 20005