NOW AVAILABLE: ARCHIVED AUDIO WEB CAST!
What Pension Reform Does for Pensions and Their Sponsors: Defined Benefit Plan Issues in the Pension Protection Act of 2006
The Senate passed new pension legislation on August 3rd. This teleconference was designed to examine this new legislation and panelists discussed the following topics:
- The New Challenge of Plan Funding
- How Plan Funding Levels Will Affect Employees'' Benefit Rights
- How Has the Environment Changed for Cash Balance and Other Hybrid Plans?
- New Assumptions for Calculating Lump Sums
- Multiemployer Pension Plans Dodge a Bullet
- More Transparency: What Will Participants Know and When Will They Know It?
- What Else Is in There -- EGTRRA Permanence, Using Excess Pension Assets for Retiree Health, Changes for QDROs and Joint-and-Survivor Options, etc.
- Treasury Guidance Plans and Priorities
Moderator: Judy Mazo, Segal Company, Washington, DC
Panelists: Bill Bortz, Department of the Treasury, Washington, DC
Nell Hennessy, Fiduciary Counselors Inc., Washington, DC
Kent Mason, Davis & Harman, Washington, DC
**Make checks payable to ABA-JCEB and mail to 740 15th Street, N.W., Washington, DC 20005