A 90-minute TeleConference/Live Audio Webcast
THURSDAY, March 19
1:00-2:30 pm ET / 12:00-1:30 pm CT / 11:00 am-12:30 pm MT / 10:00 am-11:30 am PT
Moderator: Martha N. Steinman, Dewey & LeBoeuf LLP, New York, NY
Panelists: Pamela Baker, Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal LLP, Chicago, IL
Mark Borges, Compensia Inc., Corte Madera, CA
Jeremy Goldstein, Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz, New York, NY
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) imposes significant additional restrictions on compensation and severance paid to executives and certain other employees of financial institutions participating in the Federal government''s Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) and imposes new corporate governance standards. Adding to the complexity of the new rules is that the requirements have retroactive, not just prospective, effect. Topics covered in this program will include:
- Latest guidance on the new rules (if issued)
- Restrictions on incentive compensation
- Who is covered?
- How to handle retroactive application of the rules
- How to retain and incentivize key employees
- New corporate governance standards
- Restrictions on "golden parachutes"