Holiday Gifts for Health Plan Sponsors: Final HIPAA Non-Discrimination Regulations, Wellness Plans and New HSA Opportunities
Tuesday, January 9, 2007
A 90-minute TeleConference/Live Audio Webcast
1:00-2:30 pm ET / 12:00-1:30 pm CT / 11:00 am-12:30 pm MT / 10:00 am-11:30 am PT
Now that we have survived the holidays and continue to devour the new Pension Protection Act, Washington has been kind enough to send us several gifts affecting Health Plans. Join our distinguished panel of government experts and practitioners to explain the presents and the surprises. They will address among other things:
- What are the changes to HSAs, and will they increase participation and lower health costs?
- What rights to health coverage does HIPAA protect for employees and their dependents?
- How can an employer institute “wellness programs” to “do good by doing right”?
- How will health plans have to be changed and by when?
- How will health plans (and their insurers) react?
- What will be the next step for government enforcement of the new requirements?
Moderator: Roberta Casper Watson, Trenam Kemker, Tampa, FL
Panelists: Kevin Knopf, Attorney-Advisor, U.S. Department of Treasury, Washington, DC; Amy J. Turner, Senior Health Law Specialist, Office of Health Plan Standards and Compliance, EBSA, U.S. Department of Labor, Washington, DC (Invited); Russell E. Weinheimer, Attorney, Health & Welfare Branch, TE/GE, Internal Revenue Service, Washington, DC; Kathryn Bakich, The Segal Company, Washington, DC
**Make checks payable to ABA-JCEB and mail to 740 15th Street, N.W., Washington, DC 20005